Brie Quiche With Pear & Prosciutto
- 1 premade crust, unbaked
- 4 oz diced prosciutto
- 1 cup pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon sage, minced
- 4 oz diced Brie, rind removed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring premade crust to room temperature. Unroll and place in 9″ pie plate or quiche pan. Prick crust a few times with a fork. Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Cook prosciutto in a small skillet over medium heat and set aside to cool. Reserve about a tablespoon of prosciutto fat in skillet.
- Add diced pears to skillet with reserved prosciutto fat and begin to cook on medium-high heat. Add salt, pepper, and sage and continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once the pear is soft and lightly browned.
- Pour the seasoned pear mixture into the premade crust. Top with prosciutto and Brie cheese.
- Whisk eggs gently in a medium mixing bowl, then whisk in cream. Add salt and pepper, and pour over the prosciutto and pear mixture.
- Bake on lower rack of oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove when mostly firm and center jiggles only slightly.
Quichemas, Breakfast, Brunch, Easy, New