Potato Apple Soup With Brie
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Hot sauce to garnish, optional
In a medium stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, celery, and potatoes, and cook 8-10 minutes or until browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Add apples and cook another 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add broth and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer about 10 minutes or until all ingredients are very tender.
Allow to cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Return soup to stockpot and heat over medium heat until hot. Whisk in Brie cheese chunks, salt, and thyme. Garnish with hot sauce, if desired, and serve with crusty bread.
Soup, Entrée, Easy, Quick, Make-Ahead