Chicken Sausage Quiche With Pear, Fontina, and Thyme
- 1 premade crust, unbaked
- 6 oz chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 4 oz fontina, grated
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring premade crust to room temperature. Unroll and place in 9″ springform pan. Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken sausage in a small skillet over medium heat until nearly all fat has been rendered. Drain fat. Add diced onions and cook for another few minutes or until onions are nearly translucent. Remove mixture from heat and cool.
- Pour the sausage mixture into the premade crust. Top with diced pears and grated fontina.
- Whisk eggs gently in a medium mixing bowl, then whisk in cream and thyme. Add salt and pepper, and pour over the sausage and pear mixture.
- Bake on lower rack of oven for about 40 minutes. Remove when mostly firm and center jiggles only slightly.
Quichemas, Breakfast, Brunch, Easy, New