Apple Puffy Omelet Recipe
- 2 large apples
- ¼ cup sweet butter or margarine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon confectioners´ sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Heat butter or margarine in a medium−size skillet and sauté the apples for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over apples. Toss and continue to sauté apples for about 10 minutes, until they caramelize. The mixture will be thick and syrupy.
- Spoon mixture into an 8″x8″ baking dish and keep hot in the oven.
- Separate eggs. Whisk yolks and the granulated sugar in a small bowl until fairly thick. In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff and shiny. Fold into yolk mixture, a third at a time.
- Pour egg mixture over the apples and bake for 8−10 minutes. The omelet will be puffed and golden. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Serve immediately.
Breakfast, Brunch, Gluten-Free