Green Chile Quiche With Cheddar and Apples
- 1 premade crust, unbaked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced black forest ham
- 1/2 cup veined, seeded, and diced roasted Hatch chiles (or green chiles)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Bring premade crust to room temperature. Unroll and place in 9″ springform pan. Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Add diced apples and onion to skillet with butter and begin to cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once the apple and onion are soft and lightly browned.
Pour the apple mixture into the premade crust. Top with ham, chile, and 1/2 cup of cheddar.
Whisk eggs gently in a medium mixing bowl, then whisk in cream. Add salt and pepper, and pour over the apple, ham, chile, and cheese.
Bake on lower rack of oven for about 40 minutes. Remove when mostly firm and center jiggles only slightly. Top with chopped green onions and additional cheese, if desired.
Quichemas, Breakfast, Brunch, Easy, New