Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Quiche
- 1 premade crust, unbaked
- 10 thick slices of bacon
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring premade crust to room temperature. Unroll and place in 9″ pie plate or quiche pan. Prick crust a few times with a fork. Place in freezer for 15-30 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a large heavy skillet over medium heat and set aside to cool. Reserve about a tablespoon of bacon fat in skillet. Roughly chop bacon once cool.
- Add diced apples to skillet with reserved bacon fat and begin to cook on medium-high heat. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary and continue cooking about 12 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once the apple is soft and lightly browned.
- Pour the seasoned apple mixture into the premade crust. Top with bacon and goat cheese.
- Whisk eggs gently in a medium mixing bowl, then whisk in cream. Add salt and pepper, and pour over the apple, bacon and cheese.
- Bake on lower rack of oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove when mostly firm and center jiggles only slightly.
Quichemas, Bacon Quiche Recipe, Breakfast, Brunch, Easy, New