Apples Are Really Good For You - There is overwhelming scientific research proving apples promote good health. Apples contain numerous vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that are enormously beneficial.
Some of the latest research indicates that eating apples every day may help prevent illnesses such as cancer and heart disease.
Rainier Fruit Company grows and ships fresh eating apples worldwide. In addition to America's favorites; Red Delicious, Golden Delicious and Granny Smith we supply consumers with a wide variety of gourmet apples. We know an apple a day is good for you so mix it up with something special... Gala, Braeburn, Fuji, Jonagold, Pink Lady, Cameo...
Fresh Eating Apples are a Healthy Choice - Providing consumers with fresh and delicious tree fruits that are safe and wholesome is priority one at Rainier Fruit Company. Our role in making sure that the fruit we supply is safe for our consumers and their families is an important one. Here are just a few of the priority things we do:
- We store our produce in temperature-controlled atmospheres to maintain both quality and freshness.
- We maintain the cold chain from storage through delivery to reduce spoilage due to excessive heat.
- We pack our fruit in a clean and healthy environment to reduce the risk of contamination.
- We train our supervisors, managers and production staff on the latest techniques on Food Safety and Food Handling.
- We submit to independent third party inspections, evaluations and grading of our Food Safety programs and Production Facilities.
- We group varieties for maximum shelf life.
- We accurately monitor and control temperature and humidity of trucks and shipping containers.
- We move shipping containers carefully. Rough or excessive handling can cause damage to almost any fresh produce.